Sunday, May 20, 2018

Animated -- Ebone Waweru

Love it! (Only thing better would have been Julia's New Year's dance video!!)


Animated, Genuine, Fierce, Humble, Love. All of these descriptive words reminds me of you. The first time I actually remember meeting you was at a CYO soccer game. It was one of Myles’ and Mary Carol games. We were new to Lial. A bit uncertain. You were Genuine. I appreciated the warmth.

The next time we met we were at a gathering honoring the life of Mr. Burke. You came up to me and said that your sons enjoy Julia in Readiness. I had no idea! Julia says they are her best friends. I hadn’t realized how much they really like each other.

I’ve enjoyed being in the Bible studies group this year. You’ve shown me Fierce, Humble and Love. I love to watch you speak about your concerns. You are so Animated and Adorable. I love your facial expression and how you use your hands to express yourself. You make us all smile. Always wanting to be a better Catholic, trying to figure out what more you can do to further God’s love in all of the people in your life. That’s truly what I believe God wants us to do. At the same time you are Humble. Never thinking you have all the answers.

You are a Fierce Mama Bear! I love it!! What a great advocate your kids have in you. You make raising four kids look easy. Of course I know it isn’t. I find myself blessed to have met you. Every time I see you, I smile. When I think of you, I think of the song by Lee Ann Womack:

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger
May you never take one single breath for granted
God forbid love ever leave you empty handed
I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance
I hope you dance

And I love to watch you dance! Happy birthday, beautiful.


No comments: