![]() |
| Jacksonville-bound, April 2017 |
For me, birthdays have always brought about numbers. There is of course the date itself. And the number of years. Especially when you are a kid, there is the countdown to the day . . . and an excited observance of the number of cards and presents . . . and small flames to be blown out on top of the cake.
![]() |
| Edited with permission |
That spurred me to start a list – as I readily admit, I’m prone to do. And that list grew very fast – quickly well passed 40 descriptors. Then, a lightbulb went off. I should start another, equally important list. Wouldn’t it be cool if I “crowdsourced” the collection of adjectives to describe Jenny Hills Kraus by inviting family and friends to join in? I try to tell you how awesome you are all the time, but wouldn't it be cool if others got the opportunity all in one place?
And so, this site was born. And thank God that it was because there is simply no way that I could sum up all that you are all by myself. I could – and readily would – defend each and every word presented on this collective list (maybe less Greg Clody’s). I could easily write or speak to each. But on this, your 40th birthday, I think it’s more important to appease your wishes, not to throw a big surprise bash, and instead present this surprise collection of all the wonderful traits that you bring to the rich and colorful collection of people you’ve nurtured as your family and friends over these last forty years.
I hope that you enjoy it as much as I’ve enjoyed putting it together for you. Truly, you are admired and loved – not just by me, but by all the people who are lucky enough to have encountered you on their respective paths.
I feel humbled and blessed to share a path with you. Here’s to decades more encountering. Thank you for all that you are.
Happy Birthday!
Love,
Eric
P.S. It turns out that you are an old sole. As of this posting, I have accumulated nearly 100 individual messages representing reflecting on literally hundreds of adjectives that describe you. Get your Kleenex, find a quiet corner, and dive in! xo


No comments:
Post a Comment