![]() |
| Ahh, Farwell . . . |
[To my FIRST real friend, I cannot wait to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY on this 40th blog that your amazing husband has set up for you. I had a hard time coming up with ONE adjective for you! ONE! Are you kidding me? With all the memories and incredible moments that we have created together, this indeed was the hardest homework assignment that I have had in years!!! So, after much thought, my word is GENUINE…… perfectly fitting. Perfectly perfect. Let’s dive in.]
![]() |
| "Morals," you say??? |
So, here we go, GENUINE. Although it is a beautiful word in itself, to me this adjective has a lot of layers….. let’s start peeling the onion. Jen, you have always been true to yourself. When we were young, we nicknamed you "Morals," for you were ALWAYS the one who would do the right thing, who would be nice to everyone, would be the first to include people, and of course, always question the party that we had decided to go to. LOL!
When we would be in the car, you were the first to yell at that person who is snoozing at the wheel…. (OK, OK this may have calmed down a bit especially because you have had littles in the back for many years now, but they are probably laughing at this comment and had to bring it up since I wrote about it in your wedding toast!!!) BUT, this is GENUINE! You have never been one to shy away from your true feelings. EVER! This is something that is hard to find these days.
Since we were little, there have always been epic discussions in the Laney kitchen. From religion to politics to raising babies and living a fulfilled life, I always know that when you are in the room, you will bring something dynamic to the table. It will be interesting, it will be thought-provoking, and again, it will be GENUINE. Some people will shy away from topics that are uncomfortable because they know it may push the boundaries . . . but you are someone who (in a diplomatic way, mind you) will be genuine to what you believe. This is something that I respect so much.
![]() |
| Deirdre always has been . . . let's call it sophisticated (glad she's passing it on) |
The real deal is this . . . As we explore all of these different phases of our life, I think it is totally normal for us to lose ourselves (sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less) in our friendships, in our marriages, in our work, in our children. But you have always been someone to uphold what you believe in, to search for what makes you happy, to be true to your heart, to ask questions, and to find strategies that keep you balanced. In short, a true definition of GENUINE.
I am so blessed to call you my friend. I am even more grateful that I can call you my sister. I love you more than words and cannot wait to make more memories with you in the next 40 years!!!
![]() |
| Kickin' it in P-burg |
![]() |
| Isn't it about time for a Christmas party? |





No comments:
Post a Comment